Addi's Pony Parties
Q: How many ponies will i need at my party?
A: Based on my experience we recommend the following:
* One Large Pony
* 20 or less "participating" children = 1 ponies
* 2 ponies approximately rides 25-30 rides per hour
( Rides per hour varies due to: photos being taken, length of ride, etc.)
Q: Do we have a weight limit?
* Large ponies are 49 inches tall = holds up to 90 lbs.
(We do not use full size horses for our pony parties, when you book a "pony party" you get a PONY!
Q: What happens if it rains on the day of my party?
A: It has been our experience while performing parties in on days when rain is predicted that if the children and guests are advised ahead of time that they will be attending an "outside" party they will dress appropriately for the possibility of rain on that day. (Rain coats, boots, etc.)
The only time we would stop the party would be in the case of lightning, hail, etc. where safety was an issue. We can set up the petting farm in your garage or under an awning/carport/etc.
We do have two 10 x 10 canopies that provide shade and/or shelter from light rain.
We hesitate to perform pony rides in garages as garage floors are often painted and therefore are very slippery when they are wet.
If for any reason you do decide to cancel or reschedule your party we require verbal notification at least 4 hours before your party's scheduled start time. If verbal notice is not received 4 or more hours PRIOR to yourstart time the payment for the party or event is due in full. If we arrive at your location to perform your party and you decide to cancel or reschedule upon our arrival, during the party, etc. the full payment for your party will be due in full at that time.
Q: I have a pool for a back yard, where can we do pony rides and or set up the petting farm?
A: We are able to perform pony rides and set up the petting farm just about anywhere as long as the surface is level, non-slippery and not comprised of loose gravel
or stones. For pony rides we can utilize driveways, sidewalks, quiet streets, etc. For the petting farm we prefer to set up on grass but can set up on pavement if
- Q: We have a dog, or dogs, will that be a problem?
- A: Please keep all dogs inside or put away for the duration of the event. If there is a loose dog, the pony will be stopped until the dog is put away. Excited dogs charging the pony, nipping the pony's heels, etc. ARE a SERIOUS safety hazard. This is for the safety of the children, the pony and the dog.
- Q: Our yard is scheduled to be fertilized the day before our petting farm and pony party, is this a problem?
- A: YES!!!!!! Ponies and or petting farm animals cannot work on any area that has been chemically treated (fertilizer or insecticide) within the past 7 days due to the danger of poisoning.
Q: What about fire ants?
- A: Please insure the set up area for the pony and or zoo is free of ant mounds, bee hives, wasp nests, etc. We will NOT set up in these dangerous areas.
- Please also insure the set up area is free of dangerous
Q: My son is turning 3, but there will be some bigger kids at the party, what is the weight limit for the pony?
- A: We do have size limits of 90 lbs for our larger ponies and 75 lbs for our smaller ponies. Please let us know
Q: Do you have limits on how many people I can invite?
- A: No, we do not tell you how many guests you can invite, however we do have capacity limits for our petting farm......and approx. number of rides per hour per pony for your reference.....It is always better to add an additional pony or add a petting farm to insure everyone gets to ride as much as they want to without lengthy waiting times. Please also keep in mind that children
- bring siblings to parties, and parents just love to be inside the petting farm! Remember to add them to the total "head" count for your party. It is never fun for us to tell guests they have to wait until someone comes out of the petting farm for them to go inside. The hour long party goes by very fast, and in order for everyone to ride the pony and or pet the animals you need to have the right size petting farm or the right amount of ponies to insure everyone gets the same opportunities.
Q: How do you do the pony rides?
- A: For pony parties we hand lead the pony. For parties with 4-6 ponies we use a Pony Carousel and Corral set up to insure the safety of the children. The corral set up keeps little ones from walking/running behind or around the ponies.
- A: We meticulously clean up after the pony and or petting zoo animals during the party and after.
Q: What do you bring, do I need to provide anything for the pony rides and petting farm?
A: We bring it all!
- * fencing for petting zoo corral, for birthday petting farm only.
- (For big events we provide a heavy duty petting zoo corral.)
- * All the appropriate warning signs, hand washing stations.
- * Complete set up, take down and clean up during the party and after.
- * Trained and uniformed Staff Members for safety.
- * 10x10 canopy that we can use for light rain or shade.
Q: What kind of animals come in the petting farms?
- A: We use miniature farm animals in our petting zoos and miniature ponies, under 45 inches tall so as not to intimidate the children.
- Our petting farms are filled with a variety of the following animals: goats, mini mini horse, ducks, mini pigs and llamas.
- (Animal list subject to change due to extreme weather, and animal availability.)
Q: What about a deposit? (please contact us for information about large
- A: We do require a $50.00 non-refundable deposit to reserve all parties. If you cancel for any reason your deposit may be used for a future party with us.
Q: How soon must I turn in the deposit?
- A: As a courtesy we will hold your party date for 5 business days from the time you book your party. If your deposit and contract are not received in our office by the close of business on the 5th day your reservation will automatically cancel and your party will be removed from our calendar. We often have clients on "stand" by for dates so we must advise you to send the deposit in by your deadline.
Q: How do I pay the remaining balance?
- A: The balance may be paid the day of the party, upon our
Q: When do you arrive?
- A: For pony rides only we allow 10 minutes for set up. For
Q: How do we book a party?
Q: What areas do you service?
- A: Our main service area is from Parrish, Ellenton, Sarasota, Bradenton (Manatee and Sarasota counties)
We will travel outside of the 100 mile
radius for large, multi hour and or multi day events...Please
contact us for more information.
Q: We are planning a large festival, do you offer discounts for Churches, etc?
- A: We do offer discounts, call or email for more info.
Q: We are having a pool party too, is that OK?
- A: Wet Bathing Suits: If you are also having a water slide/pool party on the day of your event, please make sure that all of the children are dry before riding the pony. Wet bathing suits will not be allowed on the saddle.
Q: Will the animals eat my trees, etc?
- A: Yes, if the set up area is near or in an area with vegetation they will eat it. Animals love flowers, etc....Please note we are not responsible for damage to property, trees, branches, bushes,
grass, flowers, sprinkler heads, potted plants, etc. It is up to you to find a safe, level, preferably grassy area for our set up. If we need to set up on pavement we charge an additional fee for the bedding and the extra time it requires to clean up.